It’s easy to forget about your feet. They’re often the most neglected part of the body. Ironically, your feet are used everyday to walk, run, climb, hike, etc and it’s vital to keep them in tiptop condition. Many consider a pedicure as an indulging treat, but the reality is that a good pedicure should be part of everyone’s health regime. Looking after our feet and legs all year round will ensure healthy skin and nails and help prevent more serious issues.
If you have diabetes, you should check your feet daily and see a podiatrist regularly.
How to conduct your own home pedicure:
- File away any hard skin from your feet (take care not to be too vigorous)
- Bathe feet in a bowl of warm water using foot soak crystals
- Trim toenails with toenail clippers/scissors cutting across and not round the nail
- Use a foot scrub to take away any remaining dead skin
- Dry feet thoroughly especially in between toes
- Moisturise your feet with a foot cream to help prevent dry, rough skin and cracked heels
The Boots Pharmaceuticals footcare range contains everything you need to promote a healthy footcare regime.